Sunday, May 31, 2009

Less than 3 weeks

Crunch time is coming in.

Angela caught a ride to Claremont a week and a half ago to attend my conference presentation and help me get all of my things back to Utah. I couldn't have done it without her. While I was attending most of the conference, Angela stayed in my apartment packing up all of my things and cleaning up--which I guess she owed me, since I have helped her move and clean on a couple other occasions. On Sunday, we packed up my car and a rental van, and set off on our ten hour return drive back to Utah.

This last week has been super busy, but productive. Even though I've got my seminar almost every day and Ang has school three days of the week, we have been able to get a lot of things accomplished. We finally fixed and registered my car, figured out how I am going to look at the wedding, renewed my drivers license, had a nice dinner with my fellow seminarians and their families, finally took our engagement photos, and a few other things.

The best part of the week though was a surprise birthday party Angela threw for me Thursday night. After looking for some of my wedding-day clothes, we went back to where Angela is staying and there were all of my closest friends to celebrate my big 3-0. Wow I'm old. I can't say it was a total surprise, as Ang apprently isn't the best at hiding this sort of thing, but I was surprised by how many of my close friends were there. It was great.

We should hopefully be getting some of our engagement photos back today so we can design our invitations and get them out soon. Getting them into the mail will be a huge relief.

It's great to be back with Angela permanently this time. I hated only getting to see her for a week or less at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Uhm, SURPRISE! Happy Birthday! Sorry, Angela told me about it and I had full intentions of being there but when it came down to it, I totally spaced it. Oopsies! Sorry Loyd! I'm glad you had a good one though.

    ReplyDelete