Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tuesday May 3 - Baby Shower and We Love Claudia Party


This is the talented, beautiful, brilliant, exceptional, accepting, and inviting, and any other wonderful adjective you can think of Claudia Bushman. She is an incredibly brilliant and intelligent Historian who was one of the first to start looking at Mormon Women's History. She is also key to the continuation and growth of the interest in Mormon Women's History. She is amazing! The first time I met her, I just sat star struck! But she is so kind, and easy going that it is impossible not to feel comfortable chatting about everything and nothing in between. While living in Claremont I have audited 3 of her classes and have done just a little with the Claremont Mormon Women's Oral History Project that she began. Her classes and the project have been enlightening, educational, interesting, and fun.

Several weeks ago it was proposed that we give a little goodbye gift to her. I was told a little later that we would make a party of it. Of course this was a surprise for her.  I walked into class on Tuesday and was greeted by the most delicious and delicate spread of goodies! It was lovely. And then I was informed that this was MY party! WHAT?!!??  How kind and thoughtful and wonderful and unexpected! I was getting all teary eyed, and I am right now too! I have become friends with these exceptional ladies in my class and it has been great learning with and from them. I just audited the class, but the majority of them were taking the class for credit and I can tell you they worked HARD!

Come to find out the shower was Claudia's idea. That just made my heart melt. I have a deep and profound respect for her and she wanted to give ME something?! Seriously, I feel that is a great honor.


Thank you to all my friends that provided the treats and decorations, and time to organize this! And thank you so much for the gifts! I love them all!



The story gets better - class rolls on - by the end I was wondering what had happened to the money I put in for the scarf for Claudia. I thought " Now I know I didn't put in for myself." ahahahhahahahaa! (that would have been fine too)  I seriously was inches away from asking what happened to the scarf and then the announcement came that this was in fact a party for Claudia! And Mrs. Claudia was surprised and pleased. A wonderful collection of some of her sayings and teachings were quoted as well as the appreciation to her and the class and the project that she started. It was lovely. Claudia was presented with her lovely scarf that was "oh so Claudia" and she posed so sassy like for a few photos. It was a lovely afternoon, and I am so happy to have been a part of Claudia's class and project during my stay in Claremont.

Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment